Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Searching for Archives

Hi Hari,

Yes, with OE, downloaded messages are deleted as they are removed from the
MS server.

To look at older messages, you can search the Google Groups.

Ron's add-in provides an especially nice interface, with the added
advantage of increased functionality.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Hari Prasadh" wrote in message
Hi Norman,

Wanted to ask one thing.

Is it true that NewsMessages downloaded in to OE will be deleted by OE
once the corresponding messages are deleted from Microsoft server.(Did
post to OE newsgroup about this but ..) Because when Iam at home I cannot
afford to dial-up to net each time I have an Excel problem (when I work on
office sheets from home). Since, I use OE at work as well so I planned to
write my downloaded Excel news messages on to a CD and take them home and
write it in to my home PC.

I log on to net from home only when I have to actually post queries (using
OE). But if my home computer's OE is going to delete my old newsmessages
(old - means no longer on the server) then "Searching for Archives using
OE" will not be of much help. Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
BlankHi David,

Try downloading Ron de Bruin's GoogleSearch addin, freely available at:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"David Myle" wrote in message
How can I access the archives of Public Excel programming posts from
Outlook Express?

TIA