Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default passing a value to another function

Chip Pearson has a Browse for Folder example on his website.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BrowseFolder.htm

"Rob" wrote in message
Hey folks,

I'm a little rusty with my VBA...

I created a few lines of code that will allow me to insert the names of
each directory and all of the files from each directory to a word
document. I will eventually pass the same info into an excel sheet.
Eventually, I may find a need to create a hyperlink to each folder/file
but that is way down the line. I did it once in JAVA, but lost the code
years ago due to non-use. I also hate JAVA, but thats not the issue here.

My code works perfectly, but I added a full path (i.e "C:\Temp") to my
fuction call.

What I want to do is allow the user to pick the directories to copy using
(what I think is called) a windows common dialog box.

Once I select the folder I wish to start in, I want to pass the full path
to my function call (in a string variable)

I tried this with with the filedialog property, but you cannot pick a
folder (you must pick a file)

Any ideas?