Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Named Range Fails in VBA Code

Dean,

It worked okay for me. I typed this in the immediate window

range("audit_data").Select

and the range was selected fine.

What is your code that uses this range?

--

HTH

RP

"Dean Hinson" wrote in message
Hello All,

I have a problem that's driving me nuts. I have a worksheet named 'Audit
Data' layed out like this...

Profit Center
Period 712927 713927 716927 722927
01/2005 80.00% 80.00% 80.00% 80.00%
02/2005
03/2005
04/2005
05/2005
06/2005

Then the named range ('Audit_Data') has a formula like this.....
=OFFSET('Audit Data'!A$2,0,0,COUNTA('Audit Data'!$A:$A),COUNTA('Audit
Data'!$2:$2))

When I check the named range in the worksheet, it selects the area
correctly. However, when I try to use the name range in VBA, I get an

error
1004 (Method Range of Object failed). I have deleted the worksheet,

thinking
corruped sheet, and added a new one. I have changed the name of the

worksheet
and name range to a variety of different names and still the same error.

But
one thing I found even more puzzling, I changed the formula to do the same
thing to a different worksheet of data, and the VBA worked. What am I
missing? What tree am I not seeing in this forrest?

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Dean.