Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vinny[_2_] Vinny[_2_] is offline

Default Modify Excel's Sorting Procedure

Thanks for the help Rob,
But not exactly what I was looking for. Let me rephrase.

I actually want to sort a list by character, but in non alphabetical order
(change the order to a, b, g, d, e, z, h, q, i, k, l, m, n, x, o ... etc; so
the leter combination 'ago' would appear before 'ado', for example). I
wouldn't, therefore, be able to create a list of all the leter combinations.
I have created a procedure that will do this for me, but it works when i
press ctrl+s, and i was wondering if there was a way to append it to the way
that excel already sorts, so that when I chose to sort by column E (the
column with these words in it) it will sort by my "alphabet" instead. Doing
this would alow me to sort by column E, plus two other columns (i could
modify my existing macro to sort by the two other columns, but they often
change, and sometimes I want to be able to sort by another column first then
column E).

Thanks again,
Vinny