Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron[_28_] Ron[_28_] is offline

Default Personal.xls Where is it in 2003?

Hi guys,

I've just done a search of this newsgroup and read quite a few posts about
the Personal.xls.

I haven't got one but would like one. I'm writing quite a lot of bits of
code that I refer to regularly, however this code is fragmented in lots of
seperate workbooks. I'd [sensibly] like it all in one place.

I've done a

?application.StartupPath

In the immediate window and got this..

C:\Documents and Settings\ron\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

However this folder is empty.

I've created a new Personal.xls and located it in the above folder, it does
start when I start excel. However it isn't hidden and I'm led to believe it
should be, but allowing me access to the sample code and modules I have
written.

Any help on this would be appreciated

Ron