Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier[_9_] Jon Peltier[_9_] is offline

Default CDO_send can't communicate with smtp server

I was having trouble with a similar routine. I suspected the Windows XP SR2 upgrade,
but if you're running Windows 2000, that probably wasn't it. Now I guess I need to
check ZoneAlarm.

- Jon
_______

Art Parra wrote:

Ron,
First, let me thank you for your code, it has worked like a champ for a
long time.
I'm running Windows 2000 Pro and to my knowledge I don't have any
firewall setup on the workstation. Is there a way to test the
connection to the smtp server?

thanks,

Ron de Bruin wrote:

Hi Art

I have changed my settings in the Trend-Micro firewall to avoid your
error for example.
I don't believe you have to change the settings in the XP firewall ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Art Parra"
wrote in message
The following code has been running for several months but now it
fails to send with the following error:

"The transport failed to connect to the server"

My smtp server appears to be ok because I can send mail, maybe a
MS security patch?

thanks,

Sub CDO_Send_Chart()

Dim iMsg As Object
Dim iConf As Object
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim WBname As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

iConf.Load -1 ' CDO Source Defaults
Set Flds = iConf.Fields
With Flds
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "my smtp mail server"
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
.Update
End With

'Check out the Tips section if you want to change the .To and .TextBody
With iMsg
Set .Configuration = iConf

.To = "mylist"
.CC = ""