Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Basil Basil is offline

Default iserror(Timevalue())

Hiya,

I have a form with a textbox in it.
I want the user to either enter 'TBA' or a valid time.

I have put the following code together but need to make an amendment to get
it work:

If UCase(txttime) = "TBA" Or Not IsError(TimeValue(txttime)) Then
txttime = UCase(txttime)
Else
lblerrtime.Visible = True
End If

An error and halt in code only arises if the textbox contains something that
cannot be converted to a time.
Could it be because "The IsError function is used to determine if a NUMERIC
expression represents an error" - as it says in helpfile?

Any ideas what I can do? I'd rather not go down the VBA error handling route
as there are loads of textboxes I have to deal with (each resulting in
different outcomes).

Many thanks for any thought,

Basil