Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gocush[_29_] gocush[_29_] is offline

Default Autofill functionality with Validation

this isn't an autofill solution but it may get you part way there if you cant
find it exactly:

http://contextures.com/DataValSelectName.xls

"140mphcpa" wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to add autofill functionality to Validation?
I have a list of 700 items on a seperate spreadsheet and am using the
drop-down list function in XL. I would like to be able to enter a few
letters of the item and have the nearest item "fill-in". I've been
searching the web for the last hour and have found a few VB options but
they are for combo boxes and I'm not sure if they would be transferable
to what I'm doing. Thanks.

Jon