Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Trouble saving a worsheet to a file using macros.

Sheets("*****").Copy
strAppend = Format(Date, "DDMMYYYY")
strPath = "*****"
fSaveName = strPath & strAppend & ".xls"
if dir(fSaveName) < "" then
fSaveName = strPath & strAppend & "a.xls"
End If
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs fSaveName
ActiveWorkbook.Close

Tom Ogilvy

"phoenixx153" wrote in message
I have set up a macro using the following code to save my worksheet as a
seperate file using the days date as the filename eg 21012005.xls

Sheets("*****").Copy
strAppend = Format(Date, "DDMMYYYY")
strPath = "*****"
fSaveName = strPath & strAppend & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs fSaveName
ActiveWorkbook.Close

I would like to put in a code that says if that file (21012005.xls) all
ready exists, add an "a" after the date,eg "21012005a.xls".

Can this be done? I'm only new to using macros and any help would be

greatly
appreciated.