Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default VBA code to enter extended characters onto a worksheet

Hi Peter,

Try:

Sub Tester01()
Dim iCtr As Long
For ictr = 1 To 255
Cells(iCtr, 1) = Chr(iCtr)

Next iCtr

End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
Can anyone help me with a way to enter extended characters into a
worksheet.

I can record myeslf entering something like <<ALT+0166 into a cell, but
the recorder shows the actual character, and not the keystroke sequence.

The reason I want to be able to do this is that I want to be able to write
loop that enters all the characters in a character set into successive
cells
in the worksheet thus:

For Counter=1 to 255
selection.formula= (whatever the answer is to this question) e.g.
ALT+0156
selection.offset(1,0).select
Next Counter

then formats them in a particular font, to produce and print character
maps
for all characters in that font.

Not life-threatening, I know, but I'm just curious to know how it's done!

Cheers

Pete