Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Need help with countif or another count function

That formula isn't applicable in this case. It is for a range of values
within a single column. This problem involves criteria against two columns.
Countif doesn't work in that situation.

Bob Phillips has posted an Array formula (SumProduct) which does it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, I am trying to use countif, but with more that one criteria. Is
this possible.

I have rows that have a format like this:

Letter Amt Date

I need it to count how many rows have a certain letter between certain
dates? Does anybody know how to do this?

I have found an article that mentions countif with more than one criteria
he http://www.mrexcel.com/td0128.html
I don't know how to deal with the dates, though. It must be possible to

get
date as a number, right. In that case, this article will get you started.

/Fredrik