Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default Formatting an excel sheet created by a dts package

worst case:
cell.format = "General"
cell.formula = cell.formula

tested with:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel = True
Target.Formula = Target.Formula
End Sub

HTH,

"Russell" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know how to remove the leading ' that is added to the start of
every cell by the DTS process. The reason I am trying to do this is to make:

'=HYPERLINK("http://www.microsoft.com", "Click for report")

Loose the leading ', if I do this manually I get the desired hyperlink. How
can I automate this. I have tried left and min, both strip the ' but do not
then result in a hyperlink.