Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default chart id number

hold down the control key while clicking to select the chart and you should
see the name in the Name box.
(upper left corner on the formula bar - you need to have the formula bar
visible).

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul" wrote in message
When I record a macro and, in the process, click on a
chart, the macro code includes the following:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 12").Activate

Is there another place to find the number (Chart 12) that
excel has assigned to its charts? I am thinking there
must be a way to get this infomation other than recording
a macro.