Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default progress bar problem still

Hyperlinks operate asynchronously to the best of my knowledge. If you want
that kind of feedback, you need to use automation. Even then, opening a
document is a single command, so you can't get inside that command and
operate a progress bar for the time it takes to open - at least not with any
built in capabilities of VBA that I am aware of.

Microsoft Office 2000 Automation Help File Available (Q260410)

Microsoft Office XP Automation Help File Available (Q302460)

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have some code that executes a hyperlink to open a word document on a
server. The code executes in secs, however thedoc takes a long time to
open. I have all the latest info on progress bars but this is not
working for me. i need to display a message until the word doc opens, i
can display a message based on time i.e display the mssage for 5 secs,
but the document take a variable lenght of time to open, so i need the
program to select the hyperlink display a message until the document is
open and then disapear. hel;p please if this is possible.
regards

Johny5