CLR

Sometimes this works..........

Data TextToColumns Delimited Uncheck ALL Delimiters Next Insure
General format is selected Finish

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"MM_BAM" wrote in message
I have a workbook with several worksheets imported from a database. When

check the format of the cells, they show up as Number with 2 decimal

places.
BUT when I try to sum the values in a column it sums to zero (the values

are
non-zero). If I try to add two cells in the range I get a #VALUE error.
Also, when I try to use the sum function from the tool bar, it does not
automatically populate any range.

It's acting like the cells are text, but the format says that they are

text.
When I try top convert them to numbers:
1) there is no ! area that says they are text
2) when I use the "paste-special-multiply" to try to convert text to
numbers, I still get 0 as a result

ANY IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS?