Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Marty Marty is offline

Default Loss of Speed During Copy Operation

Jake:

A most generous offer, but I can't. The workbook contains
proprietary/business confidential information and I can't share it outside
the company.

Thank you very much anyway.

MARTY

"Jake Marx" wrote:

Marty,

I'd be willing to take a look at the workbook & code if you email it to me:
.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Marty wrote:
Jake:

Unfortunately, no. The B worksheet is an expanded version of A, and
I'm not able to to a bulk copy and paste.

Thanks anyway,
MARTY

"Jake Marx" wrote:

Hi Marty,

Are there any alternatives to copying the data in single-row
increments? Maybe you could apply a filter to the original data
based on some criteria and then copy/paste in bulk?

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Marty wrote:
Hello:

I'm using Excel 2003. I've written a utility to transfer selected
data from a 10,000 row by 20 column sheet (A) into a second sheet
(B).

I want to maintain any format additions (cell background color, font
changes, cell comments, etc.) made by the user in sheet A, so I'm
using this type of statement in the code:

A.Cells(RO, COL).Copy Destination:=B.Cells(NewRO, NewCOL)

I have a counter programmed onto the screen to keep track of the row
the utility is working on. HERE IS THE PROBLEM: It starts out fast
and then slows way down. I would like to know if there is a way to
maintain the speed throughout execution of the code.

It seems like there's a memory buffer which gets full (or
something).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
MARTY