Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sai sai is offline

Default Prevent changes to cells but let user move columns?

Hi,

I have a situation where I would like to control what the user types
into cells of a specific column. But at the same time, since I am
using a ListObject I would like to let the user move columns around by
selecting an entire column and then dragging it another location.

I have code in the workbook's sheet_change event. This event is
triggerred when a cell is changed or a whole column is moved. Is there
a way I can disable the checking of values in cells when a column is
being moved?

Thanks,

Sai