Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave the Wave Dave the Wave is offline

Default workbook.close savechanges:=True problem

Hi:

I have a workbook that opens up other workbooks, transfer some data, then
closes the workbook using VBA.

VBA Closing statement:

wbkAnnual.close SaveChanges:=True, Filename:="BlahBlah.xls"
note: wbkAnnual is a workbook object

According to the documentation I've read, including the "savechanges:
=filename" text to the close command prevents the "Save Changes Yes/No"
dialog window from appearing. I vaguely remember this method working
before, but not on this present workbook. Every time a workbook is closed
by VBA the "Save Changes" dialog window appears.

Is there a condition/s that overrides the "savechanges:=True" command?

Does this only apply when the book being closed is the one that contains
the VBA code?

Any information will be greatly apreciated. Thanks!!