Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
T Kirtley T Kirtley is offline

Default Equivalent VBA for MID/FIND formula

The InStr function in vba is similar to Find() in Excel, but you can make use
of an Excel worksheet function in vba as a member of the
application.worksheetfunction collection. For example;

Application.WorksheetFunction.Find(myText,myString )

would return the location of the value of myText in myString just as if in
Excel.

Hope that helps.

Tom

" wrote:

I'm stumped. I have a mid-find formula that I can create on a
worksheet [=MID(B2,FIND("categoryId=",B2)+11,5)] that I can't get to do
what I want in VBA. What I need VBA to do is use this formula but use
a range variable for a cell I've already DIM'd and SET instead of B2.

Or, is there a way to turn the above forumula into a VNA function? MID
works the same in VBA and Excel, but I can't find what in VBA works the
same as Excel's FIND. VBA's find is like the Ctrl-F find capabilities.
TIA,
Jim