Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Buttrey Richard Buttrey is offline

Default First column with non zero values

Thanks Tom,

Just realised I didn't completely specify my data

I have a table prepopulated with array formulae, with each column
representing a day of the month. These read a database which grows
larger throughout the month, but of course any days in the table later
than the current database evaluate to zero until that date's data is
loaded.

Hence the formulae you suggest evaluates to zero. Is there any way of
modifying it so that it excludes zero values, and justt pick up the
latest number that is not zero?

TIA

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:54:07 -0500, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

From a post by Aladin Akyurek:

To fetch the last numerical value...

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,C:C)

To determine the position of the last numerical value within column C...

=MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,C:C)

To fetch the last text value...

=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),C:C)

To determine the position of the last text value within column C...

=MATCH(REPT("z",255),C:C)

so in E1

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A1:D1)

__