Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gocush[_29_] gocush[_29_] is offline

Default Listbox1 to Listbox2?

this should help you get started:

Enter you list of selectable items in, say A1:A25. Select your list.
In the Name Box (to the left of Formula Bar), type a name of your list, say
"MyList"
without the quotes.

Click on ViewToolbarsForms to bring up a toolbar of forms.
There will be an icon for Listboxes and one for Comboboxes. I prefer the
latter.
Click and drag on the combobox icon to anywhere on you worksheet. Drag a
corner to size it. Right click on it and select Format control

In the Input box, type: MyList
In the Cell link box type B2 ( or whatever cell you want)
click Enter

Click on the Arrow on your box an select an item. The item will be place in
the link cell: B2

You can also add a macro to do something whenever a selection is made.

Hope this helps

"Moretakitty" wrote:

Hi!

I am a complete newbie to VB and I am running MS Office 2000. (My VB
college class was in 1994 or something like that) I have been looking
for 3 days for complete code to do this, and I am having no luck. Even
went to the local bookstore and looked for a book... searched numberous
websites...

I started in Word and wondred if it would be easier in Excel?

I was creating Forms in Word. This excalated to someone needing a form
with a selectible list of well over 25 items. Hence I fell into the
world of VB again.

Does anyone know of any resources? I have been searching for 3
days...and I do not know enough to put pieces together of different
code.

Any assistance at all would be appreciated!

Moretakitty