Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_3_] Jim Thomlinson[_3_] is offline

Default Need Excel macro for exporting data to Access

This is infinitly do-able but it is not a great project for the first timer.
You need to be familiar with ADODB recordsets, SQL queries and to do this
right the whole thing should be stored as an XLA addin file. If you are
reasonably familiar with these concepts and only need a little help with the
implimentation then by all means reply back and I can feed you some code that
should help expedite this project...

HTH

"halfshoe" wrote:

Has someone written a macro to run in Excel that will append a fixed range of
data into an existing Access table. The data I need to exdport resides in
one sheet of a Excel file in list form with column headings. The files are
created by a piece of lab equipment each time a test is completed. Each
saved file shares a common structure but is given a unique file name. There
can be dozens of files created each day which makes use of the
TransferSpreadsheet function in Access impractical. The ideal macro would be
embedded in the Excel template file used to capture the test data.