Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default How do I force a browser based excel hyperlink to open a new w

Hi Sean

I think the only way is to save the file on your harddisk first
Then a single click on a link open a new window

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"sq246" wrote in message ...
Ron

Sorry that doesn't work! If you go to www.regentfinancial.net and select
the page tiltled The Market Scan Report and then click on the link to see an
example market scan report you will have an excel file open. Within that
file are hyperlinks, clicking on any of those hyperlinks causes the excel
file to try to close. I need to find a way of making those hyperlinks open a
new window rather than try to close excel to go to the link URL.

Sean

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Sean

Try Shift -Click

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"sq246" wrote in message ...
Hi

I am using Excel from Office 2003. I am uploading an excel file to a
website so the .xls file opens in a browser window. The excel file contains
hyperlinks. When teh user clicks on the hyperlinks, they try to open in the
same window, thereby shutting down the excel programme - how can I force the
hyperlink to open a new browser window?

Urgent help needed!!

Thanks

Sean