Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default resetting the autofilter for users of a workbook

I suspect the user with the error is using a xl2000 or earlier. Those
options for the Protect method were not available in that version.

Tom Ogilvy

"Valeria" wrote in message
Dear experts,
I have a protected sheet with autofiltering. I would like to reset the
autofilter every time a new user opens the workbook. I have a code (see
below) that works well for a user at the time, but when another user tries

open the workbook on the server (as read-only or notify), he/she gets an
error: "method 'Worksheets' of object '_Workbook' failed"
Could you please help me?
Many thanks!
Best regards,
Valeria

Sub auto_open()
Dim i As Integer
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="my_password"
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").AutoFilterMode = False
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Rows("1:1").Sele ct
Selection.AutoFilter
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="my_password", DrawingObjects:=True,
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, AllowFormattingCells:=True,
AllowFormattingColumns:=False, AllowFormattingRows:=True,

AllowSorting:=True,
AllowFiltering:=True
End Sub