Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Markus Scheible Markus Scheible is offline

Default automatically finding the first empty cell

Hi newsgroup,

I hope you can help me with some VBA challenge:

I do have a range named "demand" starting at "B15" and ending somewhere
variably - it has one column and around 800 rows...

My problem is that I need to know which cell of the range is the first empty
cell - therefore it would be perfect if excel can give me the relative
reference, so to say : the xxxth cell counted from the top cell is empty...

Does anyone know a possible solution?

Of course I could use a loop but it would be very bad because the macro is
long enough and if he checks every cell it would take some more minutes...
and time is money ;o)

Very heavy thanks in advance and best regards,

Markus