RockyMountains

Thanks, I'm looking for the running cumulative total by owner by saledate.
so for any given sale date I would like to calculate the cumulative total up
to that point in time. Any additional Ideas. Thanks.

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

not sure what you mean by owner by date (as all your dates for the owners
are different), however here's a couple of ideas:

=SUMIF(A2:A100,1,C2:C100)
will give you the total of amounts for owner 1

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100=1),--(B2:B100=DATEVALUE("1/1/05")),C2:C100)
will give you the total of amounts for owner 1 for the 1/1/05

or look at using pivot tables to summaries your data in many different ways
- check out www.contextures.com/tiptech.html for details on how to use pivot
tables.

Cheers
JulieD

"RockyMountains" wrote in message
I have data as follows: I would like to create a formula that gives me a
cumulative balance by owner by date -- How do I do that? Thanks.
Owner Date Amount
1 01/01/90 100.00
1 02/01/90 -50.00
1 03/01/90 -25.00