Carol

I figured this out - for the chart with the diagonal text - on the alignment
tab - had to move the text orientation "line" up to diagonal even though the
text was already displaying as diagonal. Then reset to horizontal. This
seems like a bug.

Carol

"Carol" wrote:

I created two line charts in Excel 2002 (Office XP, WinXP). Each x axis
shows a year range from 1990 - 2010 in 2 year increments; i.e. 1990, 1992,
1994 etc.

On one chart, the years are horizontal. On the other chart, they are at a
diagonal. The charts appear to be the same size. The fonts are the same. I
have checked the settings, and I am pretty sure everything is the same.
Alignment is set to automatic, and everything else on that tab is the same.

The chart with the diagonal labels has a legend at the bottom, but when I
get rid of the legend, the labels stay diagonal.

I would prefer the horizontal layout, but at this point I would take either
if I could just make it consistent!

Thanks,
Carol