Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select sheet based on reference

If the workbook and the string have the same name, the workbook should also
include the .xls extension. If the cell has that extension, then the
worksheet won't work.

You cannot have a variable to reference the book and sheet without some
manipulation, such as, if A1 has the value "ABC", then

Sub test()
Dim AString
AString = Sheets("Input").Range("A1").Value

Windows(AString & ".xls").Activate = works
Sheets(AString).Select = doesn't work
End Sub

What is the exact value in A1?
--

HTH

RP

"Hans Weustink" wrote in message
In the Cell is a (changing) number that corresponds to a sheet with the

same
name, however the code gives an error: "subscript out of range"

So what do I have to change to the code, because I can't get it to work.
Or do you have an exmple when it does work?

Thanks,
Hans

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What do you have in that cell? What error do you get?

--

HTH

RP

"Hans Weustink" <Hans wrote in

message

I'm able to selecet a workbook, but not a sheet based on a reference

like
so:

Sub test()
Dim AString
AString = Sheets("Input").Range("A1").Value

Windows(AString).Activate = works
Sheets(AString).Select = doesn't work
End Sub

Can someone think of a (alternative) way it will work?

Thanks in advance,
Hans Weustink