Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] losbash@ureach.com is offline

Default Login to a web page & automatically fill in pasword

Hi Dave,

I am trying to do something similar and was on the board looking for
solutions...

I started with something like this ....
it filled in the Username and Password ... my problem is that on the
site I am hitting another window opens up which I am trying to figure
out how to close so that the focus is returned to the login window.

Public Sub FillInUserName()
Dim brokerAcct As InternetExplorer
Dim OBJ As Object

Set brokerAcct = New InternetExplorer
brokerAcct.Visible = True
brokerAcct.Navigate "<<login URL"
Do Until brokerAcct.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
DoEvents
Loop

'Log on
Set OBJ = brokerAcct.Document.all.Item("userName")
OBJ.Value = "<<USERNAME"
Set OBJ = brokerAcct.Document.all.Item("Password")
OBJ.Value = "<<PASSWORD"
Set OBJ = brokerAcct.Document.all.Item("<<loginform")
ifp.Submit

brokerAcct.Quit
Set brokerAcct = Nothing