Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help please in selecting range dependent on another range

Mick,

Here is some code that does it all

Sub move()
Dim cLastRow As Long, cLastCol As Long
Dim cLast As Long
Dim i As Long, j As Long

With ActiveSheet
cLastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
cLastCol = .Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
For j = 3 To cLastCol
Worksheets(.Cells(1, j).Value).Cells(1, "A") = .Cells(1,
"A").Value
Worksheets(.Cells(1, j).Value).Cells(1, "B") = .Cells(1,
"B").Value
Next j
For i = 2 To cLastRow
For j = 3 To cLastCol
If .Cells(i, j).Value = "Y" Then
cLast = Worksheets(.Cells(1, j).Value).Cells(Rows.Count,
"A").End(xlUp).Row
cLast = cLast + 1
Worksheets(.Cells(1, j).Value).Cells(cLast, "A").Value =
_
.Cells(i, "A").Value
Worksheets(.Cells(1, j).Value).Cells(cLast, "B").Value =
_
.Cells(i, "B").Value
End If
Next j
Next i
End With

HTH

RP

"MickJJ" wrote in message

I have a workbook with a worksheet named "master", the data is similar to
this:

Name Surname Mon am Mon pm Tue am Tue pm
a a Y Y Y
b b Y Y Y
c c Y Y Y
d d Y Y
etc

I have to sort the data for each day and by surname and copy the "name"

and
"surname" data into the worksheet of the corresponding "day" (this I can

do).
I am not sure how to select the data in columns "Name" and "Surname" down

the point where in the column of the chosen "(day name)" the last Y value

is
present.

Taking the above example, if I sorted on "Mon am" then the data I would

have
to select and copy is names and surname "a", "c", and "d". If I sorted on
"Tue am" then the name and surname would be "b" and "c".

Can anyone help me with the code needed to select the correct data?

Thanks