Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
susan hayes susan hayes is offline

Default How to express a cell address into numeric for array use

Im trying to to convert a cell address (ie E4) into some numeric form so I can enter it into a 2d array
Im not sure how to do this especially when there is a number and letter.

Also related is that im trying to clear a cell if it doesnt meet some criteria. It keeps looping for several iterations

Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Target.Cells

With rng.Select

'I tried selection.clearcontents but loops
'also tried Cells(i + 3, Chr(68 + j)).Select where i and j are used in for loops

End With

Thanks
Mike