Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default On Error Goto ignored

Don't know. Easier to build the function once and use it lots of times
though.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
That's a workaround I hadn't thought of, and I could see using it
sometime. Buy why was my On Error Goto ignored?

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"Robin Hammond" wrote in message
Fred,

something like this

Function SheetExists(strName As String) As Boolean
Dim shName As Worksheet
On Error Resume Next
Set shName = Sheets(strName)
On Error GoTo 0
SheetExists = Not shName Is Nothing
End Function

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Fred Smith" wrote in message
I wanted to determine whether a sheet existed in the active workbook. So
I used:

On Error Goto NoPerfSheet
Sheets("Performance").Select
On Error Goto 0

However, Excel always stopped at the Sheets command, with a Subscript
out of range error.

I knew there would never be more than two sheets in the workbook, so I
got it working by using:

IF Sheets.Count = 1 Goto NoPerfSheet

However, I'm why the On Error statement was ignored.

What conditions causes VBE to ignore On Error?

--
Thanks,