Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
crashoverride crashoverride is offline

Default Help with find function please!

I figured out the solution to my problem...the fourth parameter, "LookAt",
has an option called xlwhole (value is 1)...I had previously skipped over
this b/c I thought the xlWhole value was the default...it may or may not be,
I am still not sure, but my code worked when I explicitly set this value.....

line of code:
set myLoc =
objExcel.workbooks(1).worksheets(1).Range("A2:Z2") .Find(CInt(lookupVal),,,1)

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"crashoverride" wrote in message
There is a MatchCase parameter, but that merely deals with lower and
uppercase characters. There is a SearchFormat parameter, but I have no

clue
what values it takes since I cannot find documentation for it anywhere.

Why
does Microsoft not provide full documentation of constants and function
parameters?

I STILL NEED HELP!

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

Try to do what you want manually and record your steps. That should give
you the correct options

/Fredrik