Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fredrik Wahlgren Fredrik Wahlgren is offline

Default Help with find function please!

"crashoverride" wrote in message
I am using VBScript to automate Excel through another program. I have

written
some data to a row in the Excel worksheet. This part works perfectly.

I then need to look for a value in the row and get the address of the cell
where that value is located. The problem I am having is that the find
function is returning the wrong cell. When I look for the value 1, it will
return any cell in which the value contains a '1' such as cells with

values
of 11, 21, or 111. Is there a parameter I need to change or a workaround

for
this?

Here is a short sample of my code:
dim lookupval
dim myLoc

lookupval = 1

set myLoc =
objExcel.workbooks(1).worksheets(1).Range("A2:Z2") .Find(CInt(lookupVal))
msgbox myLoc.column

Isn't there an optional parameter called something like "Match entire cell"?
Check the documentation for the Find method.

/ Fredrik