Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Marysue Marysue is offline

Default Need Macro To Close Excel Application

Thanks Tushar..but one more question. Following is the code, but I can't get
the app to close. Can you help?

Sub Auto_Open()
'
' Auto_Open and Auto_Close Macro
' Macro recorded 11/14/2004 by MarySue
'

'
Range("D2").Select
ActiveWorkbook.XmlMaps("OrderFile_Map").DataBindin g.Refresh
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Application.Quit

End Sub

Thanks in advance for your help

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

Application.Quit

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I use "Scheduled Tasks" to open Excel and them populate the fields with an
XML file that I download daily via an FTP site. I have been able to open the
XML file and transform it to an Excel foramt that is then imported into
Access for database management. It works great!

After I run the macro to run Excel and import the XML data and save the
file, it then "closes" the file. But, I would also like to "close" the excel
application until it is needed the next day.

After I"close" the wooksheet, how can I "close" the Excel application?

Thanks in advance your your assistance.