Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default chk box to filter or hide rows based on value in a column

You can check the value of that checkbox:

Option Explicit
Sub ShowHide()
Dim CBX As CheckBox
With ActiveSheet
Set CBX = .CheckBoxes(Application.Caller)
If CBX.Value = xlOn Then
.Range("a16:b16").AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="1"
Else
If .AutoFilterMode Then
.ShowAllData
End With
End Sub

deanop wrote:

Dear Excel Power Users,

column b has an expression that results in a zero or 1, I wish to
filter out those rows in a range in which column b has a value of zero

Using forms control, I created a forms chk box with the intent to be
able to hide those rows with column b = 0, and then expand the rows
when box is unchecked.

the expression in column b looks at column A which has a date and
assigns a value of 1 for those dates within 5 days of today's date.
Expression in column
b=IF($A108<INT(NOW())-15,0,IF($A108INT(NOW())+15,0,1))

well i could not get it to work that way, can u advise on how to get
one form chk box to filter out/hide those rows and expand those same
rows when unchecked? Thanks

but I added the below macros and assigned each to one form chk box.
So that now I chk the box assigned to hiderow_criteria and it does what
I want, but then I have to chk the other box to get to expand.

Sub hiderow_criteria()
'
Range("A16:B16").Select
Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="1"
End Sub
'
Sub Unhiderow_criteria()
'