Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Noel Noel is offline

Default activecell.specialcells(xlCellTypeVisible) returns column refe

Thanks for that, very much appreciated.
It seems odd behaviour though - any reason for this?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

A trick I first saw posted by David McRitchie

set rangeTwo = Intersect(rangeOne.specialcells(xlCellTypeVisible) ,rangeOne)

Tom Ogilvy

"Noel" wrote in message
Hi, can anyone help?

I want to identify the visible cells (rangeTwo as range) within a given
range (rangeOne as range) ie

set rangeTwo = rangeOne.specialcells(xlCellTypeVisible)

This code seems to work unless rangeOne is a single cell - then rangeTwo

is
not contained in rangeOne at all (in fact it returns a reference to all

the
visible columns on my worksheet)...why?!!!!

Thanks again in advance

Noel