Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
D[_8_] D[_8_] is offline

Default Can I use AND like this

I was in the immediate window but I was changing the values of the first
line without hitting enter so it wasn't taking effect. My bad. Sorry

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
lchecks = lchecks + 2
?lchecks and 2
2

Works for me.

I assume you are testing this in the immediate window.

Tom Ogilvy
"D" wrote in message
Actually it's not working like I thought

lchecks = lchecks + 2
?lchecks and 2
0

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
To set the bit, add the constant to lChecks

lChecks = lChecks + const_Sub

From the immediate window:

lchecks = lchecks + 4 + 8
? lchecks and 2
0
? lchecks and 4
4
? lchecks and 8
8
? lchecks and 16
0
? lchecks and 1
0

Tom Ogilvy

"D" wrote in message
like a bitwise and,

I've definded constants const_add 1, const_sub 2, const_div 4 ,, 8 ,
10

,
20
etc

if CheckBox_Add.Value = True Then
lChecks = lChecks And const_Add
End If

If CheckBox_Sub.Value = True Then
lChecks = lChecks And const_Sub
End If

I'd like pass lChecks to a function and have that function do
something
like

if lChecks and const_add = true then

It all looks ok but my lines like lChecks = lChecks And const_Add
don't
set
lChecks to anything

Thanks