Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default VBA quick help from a newbie

Tom changed it cuz he likes to pick on me.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dick Kusleika" wrote in message
Did someone change it? I swear it said Dick the first time I read it. :)

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
Dick,
He started out his post with "Don,", so I believe he was addressing
Don's approach rather than your approach when he stated it selected 4
columns.

"Dick Kusleika" wrote in message
Nathan

If the sheet is truly empty, you should get an error because rFound
will be Nothing. I can't imagine a situation where it would select
4 columns. Can you tell me how to reproduce that so I can see it.

Thanks,

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

Nathan Bell wrote:
Don,

Thanks for the response. It works, except with one exception.
If the sheet is empty it selects first 4 columns instead of 2.

I had preiously tried this code:

Range("IV1").End(xlToLeft).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Select

It worked to paste data into the last 2 columns but it left colums
A&B empty if the sheet was empty (obviously).

I am not sure quite how to make a IF statement that would check the
sheet to see if A&B were empty on the first go round then select
them. If not then do the code you sent me. I suppose the code
you sent me would work, but it selects 4 colums when empty rather
than 2. If I knew enough about the below code I would make an
attempt but not sure on how all of the code works.

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
try either

Sub selectlast2emptycolumns() 'two ways

'x = Cells(5, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Address
'Range(x).Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 2).EntireColumn.Select

x = Cells(5, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column + 1
Range(Cells(5, x), Cells(5, x + 1)).EntireColumn.Select

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Nathan Bell" wrote in message
All,

I am trying to determine the code to select the 2 last empty
columns in Excel via VBA. The only code I can find is
Range("IV5").End(xlToLeft).Select the only reason for that is
row 5 contains data and 1-4 don't, thus returning results further
left than I wanted when doing a paste.

Again I am trying to select the last 2 empty columns in a
worksheet. What would be the most effective way to do this?

Regards,

Nathan