Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
packat[_2_] packat[_2_] is offline

Default Correct way to use names defined globally in a workbook, in VBA

Thanks to both Bob and Tom. The link Bob provided is very
useful.

packat wrote:
What is the correct way to use names defined globally in a
workbook, in VBA scripts?

From Excel, I can access any name defined in any worksheet
(sheet1) from anywhere in the workbook. But this is not
seem to be the case for VBA.

For example:

- I have a range A1:A10 with name PayHr in sheet1.

- When I crate a sub Initialize() in sheet2:
Private Sub Initialize()
Set payRange = Me.Range("HrPay") 'payRange is
defined
globally on the top section.
Debug.Print myRange.Cells(1, 1)
End Sub

This produced a compiler error: Method or data member not
found.
However, the code works when I define HrPay in sheet2.

I tried to add worksheets("sheet1") in the Set line, but
not
sure if I used the correct syntax, all trails returned
errors so far.

Thanks,
pac