Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default Excel crashing intermittently on save or file close - caused by vba?

I got similar when not handling userforms correctly. Creating a new userform
object, show modal and let the procedure exit.
The userform still displays, but the memory is unallocated. Stange things
happen to Excel.

"dirt" wrote in message
. ..
I have developed an Excel front end for an Access (Jet ver. 4) 2000
database (using MS Office XP). The program works fine, I can add records,
query the database, etc. using the forms I made, and so on. I have been
modifying this app to fit other databases. In the process, I have
discovered a problem where when I try to save, or when I try to close the
app after saving, Excel crashes and must be restarted. This was only
annoying until I just lost nearly an hour worth of work... I have no idea
how to start troubleshooting the cause of the crashes. I can only assume
it is something in the code I have written that is causing the issue...

Thoughts on where else I should look?

TIA