Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Device I/O Error ?

Hi
just two guesses:
- You may have installed Google Desktop Search recently? (though I doubt
this is the cause for this error)
- your file simply has become corrupt. If this is the only file which has
this error you may copy everything to a new fresh workbook

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"Don Wiss" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have Excel 2002. My workbook has developed a Device I/O Error. The
message pops up at the finish of every macro that is run, but only if the
VBA editor is open. Functions can run without causing the error. I have
done a google search on this group and I find people asking this question,
but it never gets answered. This workbook is 3 MB with 42 sheets and
hundreds of macros. It has 10 forms and does call an ActiveX server. But
all of this has been in use for a while. This spreadsheet is a simply a
combining of two spreadsheets.

I have shut down and restarted Excel. No good. I opened the workbook with
repair. No help. A substantial amount of work is at stake.

Don <donwiss at panix.com.