Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pull down list + value checking

This page will show you how to build the Data Validation list.

You then need to build some code to do any other processing. What do you
mean exactly by not continue?

--

HTH

RP

"Heath Higgins" wrote in message
I'm not seeing it. I'm looking for the same thing. If the user didn't

select
a value don't let the user continue. Could you be a little more specific
where i can find this info on your page.

Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Check out http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

--

HTH

RP

"KimR.Hammel" wrote in message
How do you create a pull down list in Excel? I would like to offer,

say,
5
options in a pull down list and force the user to select a single one.

Other times, users simply enter a value into one or more cells.

A Command Button then takes them to the next page. Before doing so, I

need
Excel to check to see if a selection has been made (in the case of the

pull
down list) or if values have been entered into the appropriate cells.

Using the Data Validation option for the cells does not ensure that 1.)

value has been entered, or 2.) the user has exited the cell--in which
case
the Command Button will not work.

This must be simple but I'm yet to find it.

Thanks in advance