Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ojv[_2_] ojv[_2_] is offline

Default Color problem

Solves it. Thx.

"Peter T" wrote:

Following worked for me. With a line (shape) embedded on a chart and
selected:

Sub test()
Dim shLI As ShapeRange, cx as long, i

Set shLI = Selection.ShapeRange

i = 1 ' guess "i" is in a loop

cx = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(i).Border.ColorIndex

If cx = xlAutomatic Then cx = i + 24

shLI.Line.ForeColor.SchemeColor = cx + 7
End Sub

Unless otherwise formated, coloured series lines will be xlautomatic, with
colours same as those from colorindex 25 and on, in series index order. Add
7 to convert to schemcolor.

Regards,
Peter T

"ojv" wrote in message
Yes. It results in an out of range error.

Have you tried

--

HTH

RP

"ojv" wrote in message
I am trying to set the color on a shape object to the same color as

the
border color for a series object. I want to execute a statement akin

to:

shLI.Line.ForeColor.SchemeColor =
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(i).Border.ColorIndex

I know the above code fails but how can I translate the

Border.ColorIndex
an identical color permitting setting of SchemeColor? Any help
appreciated.