Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Workbook Title Line

Greg

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Caption = "Company"
ActiveWindow.Caption = ""
End Sub

These settings will not stick, so must be in the Thisworkbook module of the
workbook that is opened, or in Personal.xls which opens with Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:35:35 -0800, "Greg Malenky"
wrote:

Excel 2000 -

I have a workbook that I was able to change the Title box
from "Microsoft Excel" to "Company" - however, is there a
way of removing the name of the file that appears beside
it "ex - "ZZZ.xls""?

Also, the newsgroup is an excellent place to answer
question, but is there a web site that provides examples
and answers?

Thanks for any help,
Greg