Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt Jensen Matt Jensen is offline

Default Harald?

You still around mate?
Thanks
Matt

"Matt Jensen" wrote in message
No luck Harald

I now have a more important issue though regarding same workbook and a
similar problem but in Excel 97.

Excel 97 won't apply the formatting to the labels either way it seems. The
label show the font of Wingdings, but it won't display the caption that I
programmatically added in the Wingdings font. The properties dialogue

shows
the caption as what it should be (chr 254) and the font face what it

should
be (Wingdings) however the label is actually showing the caption as an

Arial
chr(254) i.e. as if I added the caption as an Arial chr(254) even though

the
font for the label is set to Wingdings. It's like I need to be able to
specify that the caption I'm adding should be in the Wingdings font.

I tried setting the label's locked value to false before setting the label
and caption but to no avail
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Matt

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
"Matt Jensen" skrev i melding
I've fixed that and now it seems to be all good! Hooray!! Seems

strange
though...

Well spotted, well done.

One problem that remains though (and is somewhat different from this

problem
but still relevant to it) is that, even though at the start of the

proc
have Application.Screenupdating = False & (pseudo code)

cursor=hourglass
and
set it back to true and xldefault at the end of the proc respectively,
setting the *caption* of the label occurs after (it appears) that the

proc
has finished (cursor goes back to default AND is visible onscreen),

which
is
not good at all and what I would have thought screenupdating prevented

from
happening....? I thought DoEvents may have helped with this, but it

doesn't!

Should work. Make sure the order of operations is something like

Sub tester()
Application.Cursor = xlWait
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'formatting here