Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Editing Custom Worksheet Menu Bar in XL97 & Associtated Macros

I don't know as I don't have such a menu to test with, but can you not
access the control through its commandbar, circa

With Application.commandbars("myBar").Controls("myContr ol")
.Caption = "&List"
End With

where myBar is the commandbar name, myControl is the control name (as seen
on its caption). If it were sub menus, it would be

With Application.commandbars("myBar").Controls("myContr ol")
.Controls("mySubControl").Caption = "&List"
End With

--

HTH

RP

"windsurferLA" wrote in message
Adding an ampersand (&) before character is simple enough. Thanks for
the tip. I'm just surprised I couldn't find it in either of my two very
thick Excel 97 books..

However, adding an ampersand assumes you can edit the custom menus
sub-categories. When I go to customize the Menu Bar, the custom
category is not one of those listed, and hence there is no option to
edit its subcategories.

Once in XL97, is the only way to revise the custom category other than
by rebuilding from scratch. I see how to delete using Jim Rech's
REMOVEMENUS.ZIP (see Gord Dibbens comment).

Bob Phillips wrote:
Add an & before the key letter in the caption, such as

.Caption = "&List"