Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Excel button :: Filter columns by value - possible? Additionally, hide certain columns

It would be greatly apprecicated if someone could explain how to achievet
the following scenario:

Situation
----------

We have a big spreadsheet highlighing our inventory of yachts with multiple
columns all using AutoFilter pull down menus allowing the user to 'filter'
by particular value in a particular column
eg: Column D filter | Custom | equals ='power' | contains ='sail'

Objective
------------
Is there a simple programatiic way that I can add some kind of button to the
excel spreadsheet which when pressed achieves the following

1. Hides unnecessary columns temporarily

2. Applies a filter to the approprriate column similiar to the filter
outlined above.

I envisage a series of buttons that would allow the end user to view the
data according to eg:

YachtType
Condition
Length
etc

I had considered macros but still faced with:

1. Captureing mouse or keystrokes
2. How do I create button on an excel spreadsheet

Seems a simple programatic solution would be best.

Many thanks in advance
Jason