Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Simon Shaw[_5_] Simon Shaw[_5_] is offline

Default CommandBar Controls

after typing the dot after controls("New") I did not see FaceId in the drop
down. I looked at other code I had, and I had used it there so I was confused
why. Just thought I was missing something.

thanks

Simon

"Jim Rech" wrote:

I don't know about recording a macro but I have no problem changing the face
id of a built-in control:

Commandbars("Standard").Controls("New").FaceId=123

Did I misunderstand the problem?
--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

"Simon Shaw" wrote in message
|I have built menus and toolbars for my excel apps so I am familiar with
| creating and setting up controls and buttons for commandbars. Now I am
trying
| to assign a FaceId to an msoControlButton, however this is not working. I
can
| assign FaceId's to buttons that I create, but not to standard ones like
'Save
| As'
|
| When I manually customize a toolbar I can add a control such as 'Save As',
| then change it to default style, then select from one of the pictures.
When I