Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Christian[_7_] Christian[_7_] is offline

Default Lock and protect cells without protect the sheet

"Sharad Naik" ha scritto nel messaggio
Wow! That's so simple!
Though this can not be assigned to non continuous range,
I don't know if the OP can use this but
I found it very useful, in many of my templates, I need to give
the user access only to a certain (continuous) range.
And with what you told, even if the user goes to design mode, it
still work!

Thanks
Sharad

"Patrick Molloy" wrote in
message ...
actually, it IS possible.

Go to the IDE, and in the Project Viewer, select the sheet that you want
portect. Select the Properties Window and you'll see a proprty called
"ScrollArea"
This is the range that the cursor can move in. Usually left blank, but
you
could setthis to a cell, like A1
or A1:G5
the effect limits where the user can select....so your data can only be
seen
and th eformula remains hidden... and obviously a cell cannot be changed
if
it cannot be selected !

Not widely used, but its a good way to "protect" data.

"Christian" wrote:

Dear experts,

I would like lock and protect cells without protect the sheet.

Thank You

Christian

Thank You,

Christian